Friday 19 October 2012

To Blog or not to Blog

So this is something that has been beyond me for well every since I hear about blogging but after spending 2 solid days of getting the jist of social media it is definately to blog!

I have been in business for six months and social media has been the big elephant in the room ( and yes I really mean huge) so two days ago I decided that I really needed to get a grip of it all.
 I had naively thought that my internet sales would just appear once people saw my jewellery but after a few months of changing my pictures networking through just facebook I realised this was not going to be the case. So I tentatively stuck my toe into the what I thought was the murky world of social media and to be quite honest decided it wasn't for me.

Then I discovered Pintrest with a photograph completely unrelated to jewellery but of the beautiful Fairy Pools in Skye. So I asked to join and have slowly got the idea of how you pin and get repinned, so I decided maybe social media needed another chance.
So here I am two days in and first thing is Social media can swallow you up hours can pass without you even noticing the retweets the hashtags the mentions remembering to thank people for the mentions the followes..I could feel myself getting lost then I found tweetdeck and I regained not just hours but my sanity and now I think I can say I finally have the hang of it all.

Or so I thought!

After reading many many pages of advice and information I soon realised I had one more learning curve to tackle.... writing my own Blog and keeping it up. I have done half hearted attempts and now need to get it sorted. So for today its reading blogs as many as I can to get an idea of what it is people want to read I'm hoping this is a good point to start.

Jooles

No comments:

Post a Comment